SmartWay Transport Partnership
DRAYAGE PARTNER ALERTS
- SmartWay drayage partners should now use the SmartWay Carrier tool to assess and
report your fleet operations.
- Visit the Truck Carrier Page to download the tool, users guides and other support material.
- Contact Ken Adler at
202-343-9402, or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Drayage Carriers Program
On Wednesday, June 28, 2011, at the Port of Charleston, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), joined by the Coalition for Responsible Transportation and the Environmental Defense Fund, announced that it is launching a new port drayage truck initiative under the SmartWay Transport Partnership.
The SmartWay port drayage truck initiative is aimed at cleaning up the trucks that deliver freight in and around ports. U.S. ports generate jobs and are critical to our nation’s economy.
However, many of the trucks that service ports are older and emit harmful diesel pollutants. The SmartWay port initiative will provide technical assistance, emission assessment tools and partnership recognition to port truck companies that commit to clean up their trucks.
Additionally, SmartWay will provide special recognition to shippers -- many of which are already SmartWay partners -- for using cleaner trucks, thereby increasing the demand for cleaner trucks at ports. Through this initiative, SmartWay will help ports to continue to contribute to their local economies while protecting air quality, the environment and public health, especially that of the surrounding communities.
More Resources for SmartWay Drayage Program:
- SmartWay Drayage Fact Sheet (PDF) (1pg, 105K, EPA-420-F-11-088, April 2011)
- Report: DrayFLEET: EPA SmartWay Drayage Activity and Emissions Model and Case Studies (PDF) (213 pp, 16.7M, October 2008)
- SmartWay DrayFLEET Model Version 2.0 (XLS) (6.3M, June 2012)
- Users Guide for SmartWay DrayFLEET Model Version 2.0 (PDF) (57 pp, 338K, EPA-420-B-12-065, June 2012)
- EPA Technical Bulletins: A Glance at Clean Freight Strategies for Drayage:
- Common Chassis Pools for Drayage (PDF) (2 pp, 50K, EPA-420-F-06-002, May 2006)
- Gateway Cities Diesel Fleet Scrappage Program for Drayage (PDF) (2 pp, 70K, EPA-420-F-06-004, May 2006)
- Terminal Appointment Systems for Drayage (PDF) (2 pp, 40K, EPA-420-F-06-005, May 2006)
- Gate Accessibility for Drayage (PDF) ( 2 pp, 41K, EPA420-F-06-006, May 2006)
- EModal Port Community System for Drayage (PDF) (2 pp, 57K, EPA-420-F-06-008, May 2006)
- EPA National Clean Diesel Campaign (NCDC) Ports and Marine
- BNA Daily Environment Report June 30, 2011: Mid-Atlantic States Offer Dray Truckers
Grants, Loans Toward New, Cleaner Trucks