SMM Electronics Challenge Join Page
SMM EC Related Links
To Join the SMM Electronics Challenge:
1. Determine Eligibility
The SMM Electronics Challenge is currently open to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and retailers.
2. Determine your Commitment Tier
OEMs and retailers may join the SMM Electronics Challenge in one of its three tiers (Bronze, Silver, and Gold). The levels reflect the need for flexibility and recognize that participantís business models, organizational sizes, and levels of leadership vary.
Participants may join at any level that best suits their organizationís experience and abilities–regardless of their starting baseline.
|Bronze||Designed for organizations with no existing collection programs or with new programs.|
|Silver||Designed for organizations with modest collection programs.|
|Gold||Designed for organizations with exemplary, well-developed collection programs .|
* Organizations are welcome to enroll in any tier, regardless of their baseline, if they are able to meet the requirements of that tier.
3. Sign up!
Complete the online SMM Electronics Challenge Participant Agreement.
4. Assess It!
Establish a baseline of collected electronics and the percent of those being sent to certified recyclers within 6 months of registration.
5. Do it!
- Increase the number of electronics collected by hosting collection events and setting up collection sites.
- Strive to send 100 percent of your used electronics collected from all collection streams (e.g., consumer, warranty and return, business-to-business and internal equipment) to a recognized third-party certified recycler.
- Publicly report information on your collection program, including recycling data.
- Complete the additional Bronze, Silver, or Gold tier requirements (6 pp, 534 K, about PDF).
6. Track It!
Track your progress and submit annual data.
7. Post It!
Share your commitments and data on your organizationís website.
8. Receive Recognition
Receive public recognition on EPAís website, and have the opportunity to earn awards.
Questions? Send your inquiries to orcrSMMElectronicsChallenge@epa.gov