Announce Your Achievements
Announce your waste reduction successes to your employees and community to maintain momentum, increase awareness, and sustain management support. Sharing your success with the community will demonstrate your organization’s environmental stewardship.
Use the following tools and guidelines to promote your waste reduction achievements and participation in WasteWise.
- Use the WasteWise Logo
- Issue Press Releases
- Give Presentations about WasteWise
- Publicize Your Achievements in Articles
Use the WasteWise Logo
Partners that have registered and submitted their organizations WasteWise baseline data are eligible to use the WasteWise logo. The logo is updated each year and available to partners who finalize and submit their annual data. Please contact the WasteWise Helpline at (800) EPA-WISE (372-9473) or firstname.lastname@example.org to request the most recent WasteWise logo files.
Use the WasteWise logo to promote your waste reduction efforts internally and externally. Internally, use it to educate your employees about your participation in WasteWise. Externally, use it to inform people that your organization is actively working to conserve natural resources.
Here are a few examples of how you can use the logo to communicate your efforts:
- Place it on your organization's website.
- Include it on recycling bins.
- Insert it in press releases or annual reports.
- Use it on an internal WasteWise newsletter.
- Incorporate it on posters and signs.
- Distribute reusable mugs bearing the logo.
- Print it on grocery bags or shipping boxes.
- WasteWise LogoGuidelines for Use. To use the logo, review the logo use guidelines and contact the WasteWise Helpline at (800) EPA-WISE (372-9473) or email@example.com to request the most recent logo files.
- Creative Ways to Use the WasteWise Logo. Suggestions for using the WasteWise logo on items to promote your participation in WasteWise.
You will need Microsoft Word to view and edit some files on this page.Download the free Word Viewer
Issue Press Releases
Issue press releases to share information about your achievements. Customize our sample press release (MS Word) (1 pg, 21 KB) to get started.
Give Presentations about WasteWise
Global Warming...Is a Waste! (PDF) (16 pp, 6MB, About PDF): This presentation explains the science and impacts of global climate change, and shows how WasteWise waste reduction activities can help organizations reduce their impact on the global climate.
Publicize Your Achievements in Articles
Use articles to inform your employees about how they can get involved and to share your environmental goals with your stakeholders. Customize and use the sample articles below in your internal newsletters or annual report.
- Sample Article: Announce Your Participation in WasteWise (MS Word) (1 pg, 22K)
- Sample Article: WasteWise Activities for Employees (MS Word) (2 pp, 25K)