State and Local Climate and Energy Program
Local Government Activities
The information in this section is organized according to activities that local governments typically undertake in the process of developing and implementing a climate change mitigation strategy. Each topical page includes basic information, possible approaches, and links to additional resources.
- Developing an Action Plan
- Developing a GHG Inventory
- Identifying and Evaluating Policy and Program Options
- Designing and Implementing Programs
- Establishing Funding Sources and Financing Vehicles
- Leading by Example in Government Operations
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Determining Results
For information about specific types of climate mitigation and adaptation options, visit the Topics section of the website.