Science and Technology Policy Council
The Assessment Factors are intended to raise the awareness of the infomation-generating public about EPA's ongoing interest in ensuring and enhancing the quality of information available for Agency use. It is also an additional resource for Agency staff as they evaluate the quality and relevance of information, regardless of source.
- Assessment Factors Cover Memo (PDF) (1 page, 56KB)
- A Summary of General Assessment Factors for Evaluating the Quality of Scientific and Technical Information (PDF) (18 pp, 1.1MB)
To order a hard copy of the Assessment Factors document, EPA document number 100/B-03/001, call National Service Center for Environmental Publications at 1-800-490-9198 or through the Internet on the World Wide Web at: http://www.epa.gov/ncepihom/ordering.htm
- Guidance for Evaluating and Documenting the Quality of Existing Scientific and Technical Information
Addendum to: A Summary of General Assessment Factors for Evaluating the Quality of Scientific and Technical Information (PDF) (9 pp, 136KB)
This addendum provides guidance for :
- assessing and accepting existing scientific and technical information, and
- documenting the review and analysis of existing scientific and technical information.
- More information on EPA's Information Quality Guidelines - This will link you to another page within the EPA web site
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.