SunWise Program for communities
|Where you live||Partnerships||Becoming a
SunWise materials are available free of charge. You can find a list of available documents on our publications page, which you can download and print, and videos on our basic information page. You can also order materials; however, we are temporarily out of stock of most materials. You can order other EPA publications by calling the National Service Center for Environmental Publications at 1-800-490-9198 or e-mail your request to email@example.com. See the NSCEP Web site for more information about ordering documents.
Here are some suggestions to make you and your community SunWise:
- Get your local schools to sign up for SunWise. Teachers can register on our Web site. View more information on our school program.
- Encourage local pool, camp, park and recreation staff to take our online sun safety certification program.
- Sign up for free UV Alert messages.
- Educate your community about Don't Fry Day, UV Safety Month , and Cataract Awareness Month .
- Ask your community pool to distribute sun safety documents and/or put up signage encouraging sun safety.
- Integrate sun safety lessons into your scout troop, 4-H, or other youth group meetings.
- Educate local officials about skin cancer rates in your state by providing them with a state-specific skin cancer fact sheet.
- Write a sun safety article for your local paper.
- Attend a SunWise event at your local science or children's museum.
- Be a part of our speaker's bureau - arrange to speak at local schools or community meetings. Contact us for more information.
Your organization can also sign an official partnership agreement with the SunWise Program. For the most recent version e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "SunWise Partnership Agreement".