SunWise with SHADE Poster Contest
Learn More About the Contest
For more information on the contest, please visit the SHADE Foundation.
2012 National Winner
The 2012 SunWise with SHADE national winner was sixth-grader Sueda from New Mexico.
Congratulations to Sueda, her family, and her school! And thank you to all of the students who participated in the 2012 contest.
2012 K-3 Winners
The SunWise program and SHADE Foundation of America are excited to announce the 2013 SunWise with SHADE Poster Contest!
Poster submissions are due April 1, 2013.
Learn more about the contest
K-8 students are invited to submit original, creative posters illustrating ways to prevent skin cancer and raise sun safety awareness. Examples of prevention and awareness tips include:
- using sunscreen
- wearing a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses
- seeking shade when the sun's ultraviolet (UV) radiation is most intense between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- covering up with full-length clothing
- checking the UV Index
National prizes* this year include:
- Digital camera for top five entries
- A family trip to Disney World for the national contest winner
A Shade 'N Net shade structure (up to a value of $12,000) for the national winner's school
*Prizes are subject to change. The administration and prizes of the SunWise with SHADE Poster Contest are funded solely by the SHADE Foundation with no federal government support.