Green Meeting Policy
- The Proposal Selection process is now complete. Lead presenters have been notified of the decision of the Selection Subcommittee.
- Instead of a Poster Session this year, we will be doing an Eco Café. For more details please visit the Eco Café page.
- The room block at the Sheraton is now open. For information on how to make your hotel reservations, please visit the Hotel page.
- Registration will open in late-May.
EPA Green Meetings and Conferences Policy, May 1, 2007
The mission of the EPA is to protect human health and the environment. We expect that all Agency meetings and conferences will be staged using as many environmentally preferable measures as possible. Environmentally preferable means products or services that have a lesser or reduced effect on the environment when compared with competing products or services that serve the same purpose.
As in past years, we plan to make the Community Involvement Training Conference more earth-friendly. Some of the things we plan to do to reduce the environmental impact of the conference include:
- Reducing printed conference documents by distributing documents through email and this website and minimizing handouts during the conference.
- Using only conference folders and necessary handouts printed on high post-consumer recycled content paper using vegetable-based ink.
- Holding our traditional "Tote-Bag Exchange" instead of procuring a new tote bag for conference participants. Plan to bring new or gently-used tote-bags to use for yourself or to trade.
- Encouraging conference participants to use public transportation or share rides when traveling between the airport and the hotel. If just 100 people share rides to and from the airport, we'll reduce the conference's carbon footprint by more than 1,000 pounds!
- Working with the hotel to recycle newspapers, beverage containers and other items.
Please check back later to see a more comprehensive list of our green meeting initiatives and how you can help to make the 14th conference one of the greenest ever.