Web Sites and Links
These links point to Web sites that address contaminated sediments or other tools that sediment stakeholders may find useful.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Evaluation of Dredged Material Proposed for Disposal at Island, Nearshore, or Upland Confined Disposal Facilities - Testing Manual (PDF) (337 pp, 4.5M)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- EPA Office of Science and Technology "Contaminated Sediment News"
- EPA's Great Lakes National Program Office
- Superfund Innovative Technology Evaluation (SITE) program
- Superfund Office of Research and Development
- EPA Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Grants
- EPA Water Science Information on Contaminated Sediments
- United States Geological Survey's National Environmental Methods Index
- Implementation Guide for Assessing and Managing Contaminated Sediment at Navy Facilities (PDF) (153 pp, 2.2M)
- United States Department of Energy
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Waterways Experiment Station
- National Academy of Science's "A Risk Management Strategy for PCB-Contaminated Sediments"
- Remediation Technologies Development Forum - Sediments Remediation Action Team
- Hazardous Substance Research Centers
- Sed Web
- Fox River Watch site with information on contaminated sediments and PCBs
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Environmental Effects & Dredging and Disposal Database