State, Tribe, and Site Identification Branch
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
The mission of the State, Tribe, and Site Identification Branch is to ensure remedial actions for the highest priority sites through site identification and listing on the National Priorities List and to enhance the Superfund role of States, Indian Tribes, and Local governments through education, networking, communication, and a streamlined reimbursement process, and through the transfer of technical assistance, financial support, and responsibility for NPL sites and the promotion of voluntary cleanup.
Products and Publications
- "Amendments to Superfund Hazard Ranking System Guidance Incorporating Native American Traditional Lifeways."
- "Consulting with Indian Tribal Governments at Superfund Sites: a Beginner's Booklet"
Plan to Enhance the Role of States and Tribes in the Superfund Program (STROLE)
- Cover (PDF) (189 K, 1 pp)
- Table of Contents (PDF) (55 K, 4 pp)
- Acknowlegements (PDF) (14 K, 1 pp), including the Notice and How to Obtain Documents
- Executive Summary (PDF) (80 K, 16 pp)
- Chapter 1 (PDF) (60 K, 13 pp)
- Chapter 2 (PDF) (71 K, 16 pp)
- Chapter 3 (PDF) (59 K, 12 pp)
- Chapter 4 (PDF) (83 K, 16 pp)
- Appendix A (PDF) (71 K, 32 pp)
- Appendix B (PDF) (59 K, 19 pp)
- Appendix C (PDF) (21 K, 4 pp)
- Appendix D (PDF) (30 K, 10 pp)
- Appendix E (PDF) (37 K, 6 pp)