You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
- Mining Geochemistry or Fate and Transport
- Biological Remediation/Treatment
- Final Report: Physiochemical and Microbial Controls on the Speciation and Release of Arsenic Into Ground and Surface Waters
- Arsenic Cycle at the Harvard Mine Pit Lake, Mother Lode Gold District, California
- 2000 Progress Report: Processes Controlling the Chemical/Isotopic Speciation and Distribution of Mercury From Contaminated Mine Sites
- Final Report -- Sulfate-Reducing Bacteria Reactive Wall Demonstration Mine Waste Technology Program Activity III, Project 12. . EPA/600/R-02/053. June 2002.
- EPA's Mine Waste Technology Program (MWTP) Activity III, Project 20, Demonstration Project for Selenium Treatment/Removal Alternatives . EPA/600-/R-01/077. June 2001.
- A Novel Approach to Prevention of Acid Rock Drainage
- 1999 Progress Report: Application of Sediment Quality Criteria for Metals To a Montane Lotic Ecosystem: Field Validation During Reclamation of a Copper Mine Causing Acid Mine Drainage
- Design and Development of an Innovative Industrial-Scale Process to Economically Treat Waste Zinc Residues
- Heavy Metals Removal from Contaminated Water Solutions (Berkeley Pit)
- Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council - Mining Waste Treatment Technology Selection.
- Bioremediation of Acid Mine Drainage Using Sulfate-Reducing Bacteria (PDF) (72 pp, 1.1MB). August 2006.
- Biological Control of Acid Mine Drainage
- Handbook for Constructed Wetlands Receiving Acid Mine Drainage. EPA/540/R-93/523. September 1993
- Pintail Systems Inc.'s Aqueous Biocyanide Process (PDF) (8 pp, 377K). EPA/540/R-00/501a. May 2000
- Metals Soil Pollution and Vegetative Remediation (tailings), (gold)
- Use of Poplar Trees in Remediating Heavy Metal Contaminated Sites (Similar study to above, but with zinc/lead)
- Acid Producing Metalliferous Waste Reclamation by Material Reprocessing and Vegetative Stabilization, (Tailings).
- Final Report: Vegetative Interceptor Zones for Containment of Heavy Metal Pollutants.
- Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council - Biochemical Reactors for Mining-Influenced Water.
- Long-Term Monitoring Network Optimization Evaluation for Operable Unit 2, Bunker Hill Mining and Metallurgical Complex Superfund Site, Idaho (PDF) (126 pp, 2.1MB). EPA 542-R-06-005. January 2006.
- Lead in Dust Detection Technology Verified (PDF) (45 pp, 706K). EPA/600/R-03/087. September 2003.
- Final Report: Quantitation of Heavy Metals by Immunoassay
- Characterization and Eh/pH-Based Leaching Tests of Mercury-containing Mining Wastes from the Sulfur Bank Mercury Mine, Lake County, California (PDF) (98 pp, 1.2MB). EPA/600/R-02/032. September 2001.
- 2000 Progress Report: Photochemical Processes Controlling Manganese Chemistry in Pristine and Contaminated Mountain Streams