The National Priorities List (NPL) is the list of national priorities among the known releases or threatened releases of hazardous substances, pollutants, or contaminants throughout the United States and its territories. The NPL is intended primarily to guide the EPA in determining which sites warrant further investigation.
From this Web page you will find the following information:
- Basic Information - Provides details about the process of adding sites to the NPL including an introduction to the Hazardous Ranking System (HRS), information on how sites are placed on the NPL, the public comment process, how sites are deleted from the NPL, and the notice of policy change for partial deletions from the NPL.
- Where You Live - Provides information on NPL sites in your Region through Regional links, or searching your community with either BingTM Maps, the Google MapsTM mapping service, or Yahoo! Maps to view NPL sites and site information.
- NPL Site Status Information - Provides links to pages containing total counts of NPL sites that have achieved a certain status or milestone as of today and by fiscal year. Lists of all current proposed, final, construction complete, partially deleted, and deleted sites (sorted by action date, site name, or state) are also linked from this page.
- Vapor Intrusion and the Superfund Program - Provides information on vapor intrusion and the Superfund program for members of the public who may be interested in this topic and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA or Agency) professionals who have responsibilities for implementing the program.
- Addition of Vapor Intrusion to the HRS - Provides details about the potential addition of a vapor intrusion component to the HRS.
- HRS Toolbox - Links to current guidance documents that may be used to determine if a site is a candidate for inclusion on the National Priorities List.
- Current NPL Updates: New Proposed & New Final NPL Sites - Links to documents for the current New Proposed and New Final sites to the NPL, including: Documentation Records, Site Listing Narratives, Support Documents and other supporting documentation.
- Federal Register Notices for NPL Updates - Links to Federal Register notices for Proposed and Final sites from 1982 to present.