Highlight 8-17 of the HRS Guidance Manual, page 223
- In this example, four sources are located at a single site.
- Establish PPEs for each source.
- Determine the inwater segment for each PPE.
- The hazardous substance migration paths for Sources 1,2, and 3 overlap to establish one watershed.
- The hazardous substance migration path for Source 4 does not overlap with any others; a second watershed is established.
- Sources 1, 2, and 3 are assigned to Watershed 2 for scoring purposes and Source 4 is assigned to Watershed 1.
- If the hazardous substance migration path for Source 2 did not reach Blue River (TDL2), three watersheds would be scored Source 1 with a PPE into Blue River, Sources 2 and 3 with PPEs into Yellow River, and Source 4 with a PPE into Red River.