Highlight 8-20 of the HRS Guidance Manual
- The Water Resources Data Annual Report, published for each state by USGS. This report lists various water quality and quantity parameters for each gauging station in the USGS network for the water year (October 1 September 30).
- National Water Data Exchange (NAWDEX) data base, maintained and administered by USGS. The NAWDEX Program Office at USGS Headquarters in Reston, VA, or NAWDEX Assistance Centers at the Water Resources Division district offices can help acquire data.
- EPA Regional STORET data.
- Average Annual Runoff in the United States, 195180, published by USGS.
- Map of the Mean Annual Runoff for the Northeastern, Southwestern, and MidAtlantic United States, Water Years 195180, published by USGS.
Other Possible Sources
- Army Corps of Engineers
- National Weather Service
- Forest Service
- Soil Conservation Service (SCS)
- Bureau of Land Management
- Bureau of Reclamation
- Bonneville Power Administration
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Inland Waters Directorate, Water Resources Branch
- Departments of Water Resources
- Departments of Natural Resources
- Departments of Environmental Protection
- Water Control Boards
River Basin Commissions
- Susquehanna River Basin Commission
- Upper Colorado River Basin Commission
- Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay
Local Agencies and Organizations
- Departments of Health
- Municipal Water Authorities
- Electric Power Utilities