Lean Manufacturing and Environment
- Organizations Serving Lean Practitioners
- Sector-Based Lean Initiatives
- Lean Publishers
- Sustainable Manufacturing
Organizations Serving Lean Practitioners
- American Society for Quality’s Lean Enterprise Division
ASQ is a nonprofit organization. Their Lean Enterprise Division promotes Lean Enterprise principles and practices, provide training in the areas of Lean Enterprise and to be a source of Advanced Manufacturing information to ASQ members and others.
- Association for Manufacturing Excellence
A not-for-profit organization founded in 1985 comprised of 6,000 executives, senior and middle managers working to improve their personal performance and the competitiveness of their organizations.
- Institute of Industrial Engineers
Founded in 1948, the premier society dedicated to serving the professional needs of industrial engineers and all individuals involved in improving quality and productivity.
- Lean Enterprise Institute
A 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation founded by James P. Womack, Ph.D, in August 1997 to promote a set of ideas commonly known as "lean thinking".
- Northwest Lean Manufacturing Network
Formed in October of 1997, the Northwest Lean Manufacturing Network (NWLEAN) assists companies implement lean production systems.
- Shingo Prize for Excellence in Manufacturing
Promotes world-class manufacturing and recognizes companies that achieve superior customer satisfaction and business results.
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
Through its member programs, publications, expositions, and professional development resources, Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) promotes an increased awareness of manufacturing engineering and helps keep manufacturing professionals up to date on leading trends and technologies.