EPA Brownfields Program Benefits
- Projects leveraged $17.79 per EPA dollar expended
- Leveraged 90,363 jobs nationwide
- Can increase residential property values 5.1% - 12.8% near Brownfield sites when cleanup is completed
- Promotes area-wide planning
- To learn more about the program's accomplishments, see Brownfields Program Accomplishments
Evaluation of the National Brownfields Program (PDF) (67 pp, 1.51M)
Brownfields are real property, the expansion, redevelopment, or reuse of which may be complicated by the presence or potential presence of a hazardous substance, pollutant, or contaminant. Cleaning up and reinvesting in these properties protects the environment, reduces blight, and takes development pressures off greenspaces and working lands. On this site, you can find information about US EPA's Brownfields Program including the Brownfields Law, Brownfields Grants, Land Revitalization Information, and more...
- Grants & Funding: Find resources that can be used for brownfields activities, technical information on brownfields financing matters, and awardee fact sheets using the Brownfields Grant Fact Sheet Search Tool.
- Laws & Statutes: Learn about "the Brownfields Law" and other related laws and regulations.
- Success Stories: Find Brownfields grantee accomplishments from across the country.
- Tools & Technical Information: Find technologies, technical help, contacts, and other resources to aid in the assessment and cleanup of brownfield properties.
- Partnerships: Discover the wide range of stakeholders to promote the cleanup and reuse of Brownfields.
- Initiatives: Learn about initiatives that explore sector-based solutions, enhance environmental quality, spur economic development, and revitalize communities.