[ DISCLAIMER ]
Suggest A Resource
EPA will periodically update this compendium. If you would like to submit a resource for possible inclusion in this compendium, please contact Hal White (email@example.com).
This part of the PVI compendium provides PVI-related guidance documents issued by EPA.
- DiGiulio, Dominic, Cynthia Paul, Brad Scoggins, Raphael Cody, Richard Willey, Scott Clifford, Ronald Mosley, Annette Lee, Kaneen Christensen, and Ravi Costa. 2006. Comparison of Geoprobe PRT and AMS GVP Soil-Gas Sampling Systems with Dedicated Vapor Probes in Sandy Soils at the Raymark Superfund Site. EPA/600/R-06/111.
Describes a study conducted near the Raymark Superfund Site in Stratford, Connecticut, that compares results of soil-gas sampling using dedicated vapor probes, a truck-mounted direct-push technique, and a hand-held rotary hammer technique.
- DiGiulio, Dominic, Cynthia Paul, Raphael Cody, Richard Willey, Scott Clifford, Peter Kahn, Ronald Mosley, Annette Lee, and Kaneen Christensen. 2006. Assessment of Vapor Intrusion in Homes Near the Raymark Superfund Site Using Basement and Sub-Slab Air Samples. EPA/600/R-05/147.
Describes the results of an investigation conducted to assist EPA’s New England Regional Office in evaluating vapor intrusion at 15 homes and one commercial building near the Raymark Superfund Site in Stratford, Connecticut.
- EPA. 2009. Johnson and Ettinger (1991) Model for Subsurface Vapor Intrusion into Buildings.
Provides access to several models for estimating indoor air concentrations and associated health risks from subsurface vapor intrusion into buildings.
- EPA. January 1999. Compendium of Methods for the Determination of Toxic Organic Compounds in Ambient Air, Second Edition, Compendium Method TO-14A, Determination of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in Ambient Air Using Specially Prepared Canisters with Subsequent Analysis by Gas Chromatography (PDF). EPA/625/R-96/010b. (90 pp, 1.0MB)
- EPA. January 1999. Compendium of Methods for the Determination of Toxic Organic Compounds in Ambient Air, Second Edition, Compendium Method TO-15: Determination Of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) In Air Collected In Specially-Prepared Canisters And Analyzed By Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) (PDF). EPA/625/R-96/010b. (67 pp, 882K)
- EPA. January 1999. Compendium of Methods for the Determination of Toxic Organic Compounds in Ambient Air, Second Edition, Compendium Method TO-17: Determination of Volatile Organic Compounds in Ambient Air Using Active Sampling Onto Sorbent Tubes (PDF). EPA/625/R-96/010b. (53 pp, 309K)
- EPA. March 2008. Brownfields Technology Primer: Vapor Intrusion Considerations for Redevelopment (PDF). EPA 542-R-08-001. (49 pp, 1.0MB)
- EPA. March 2008. Indoor Air Vapor Intrusion Database.
- EPA. November 2002. OSWER Draft Guidance for Evaluating the Vapor Intrusion to Indoor Air Pathway from Groundwater and Soils (Subsurface Vapor Intrusion Guidance) (PDF). EPA 530-D-02-004. (178 pp, 1.9MB)
- EPA. October 2008. Indoor Air Vapor Intrusion Mitigation Approaches (PDF). EPA/600/R-08-115. (49 pp, 594K)
Focuses on the mitigation of vapor intrusion to prevent human exposure to anthropogenic soil and groundwater contaminants.
- EPA Region 5, Superfund Division. October 2010. Vapor Intrusion Guidebook (PDF). (323 pp, 12.7MB)
This VI Guidebook is intended to (1) assist On-Scene Coordinators (OSC), Remedial Project Managers (RPM), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Project Managers, and Site Assessment Managers (SAM) as they evaluate and manage VI issues under Superfund Removal, Remedial, and Site Assessment (SA) programs and (2) promote consistency among the approaches used at different VI sites in Region 5.
- Schumacher, Brian. July 2007. Final Project Report for the Development of an Active Soil Gas Sampling Method (PDF). (178 pp, 11.2MB)
Describes investigations designed to assess the effect of purge rate, purge volume, and sample volume on soil gas results and to develop technically defensible values or ranges of values for these parameters that can be incorporated into active soil gas sampling guidance.
- Weaver, James and Fred Tillman. 2005. Uncertainty and the Johnson-Ettinger Model for Vapor Intrusion Calculations (PDF). EPA/600/R-05/110. (43 pp, 645K)
An uncertainty analysis performed on the Johnson-Ettinger model that accounts for synergistic effects among variable model parameters.