Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Program
EPA has made available new TRI-MEweb RY2012 Tutorials to assist TRI reporters with filing their annual chemical reports.
TRI-MEweb Tutorials Main Menu
- Reporting Year 2012 Enhancements
- Annually, EPA releases a new version of TRI-MEweb, this tutorial covers the newest enhancements (Duration 24 minutes). [transcript]
- Overview of TRI-MEweb
- This tutorial demonstrates the basic reporting features of this user-friendly, Web-based reporting tool (Duration 7 minutes). [transcript]
- Register for a CDX Account as a Certifying Official
- The TRI-MEweb reporting application is housed within the Central Data Exchange; this tutorial demonstrates how to register for a new CDX User Account or Re-register as a returning TRI-MEweb Certifying Official with a CDX Account (Duration 20 minutes). [transcript]
- Register for a CDX Account as a TRI-MEweb Preparer
- The TRI-MEweb reporting application is housed within CDX; this tutorial demonstrates how to register for a new CDX User Account as a TRI-MEweb Preparer and associate your account with your facilities (Duration 7 minutes). [transcript]
- Accessing Your Facility
- Shows new and existing TRI-MEweb account holders how to gain access to their facility's TRI Facility ID and corresponding data or create a new facility for first-time filers (Duration 6 minutes). [transcript]
- Getting Help
- This tutorial shows how to access information resources available within the application to assist with both regulatory and technical questions (Duration 8 minutes). [transcript]
Preparing & Certifying Forms
- Transmit, Certify, and Cancel TRI Submissions
- This tutorial shows TRI preparers and certifiers how to prepare, validate, transmit, certify, or cancel TRI submissions within TRI-MEweb. It also highlights the key features of the new Certification Module now housed within TRI-MEweb (Duration 6 minutes). [transcript]
- NOTE: TRI Forms are now certified within the TRI-MEweb Application.
- Importing Prior Year Data
- A new enhancement added for RY 2011 allows facilities to import prior year data to assist with form completion; this tutorial demonstrates how to do so. (Duration 6 minutes). [transcript]
- NOTE: Data from previous forms submitted as mixtures cannot be imported.
- Section 8 Calculator
- TRI-MEweb automatically populates Form R Part II, Section 8 data by aggregating appropriate values in Sections 5-7. This tutorial demonstrates how to review and edit populated (Duration 9 minutes). [transcript]
- Pollution Prevention
- EPA has increased the prominence and accessibility of pollution prevention (P2) information submitted to TRI. This tutorial demonstrates how to complete required P2 data elements, provide additional detail on P2 achievements, and use a new TRI-MEweb wizard to automatically calculate a production ratio (Duration 16 minutes). [transcript]
- Use the Third-Party Load Tool
- Completing the Form R Schedule 1
- Since RY 2008, EPA has required filers of Dioxin and Dioxin-like Compounds to use a special form and specify values of all 17 dioxin congeners. This tutorial demonstrates how to use this form (Duration 10 minutes). [transcript]
- NOTE: This is the only chemical reported in grams.
- Nominate a Certifying Official
- A senior management official or certifying official is required to review all TRI forms and certify that the prepared information is accurate; this tutorial assists preparers in nominating their certifying official for submission of pending TRI forms and check the status of an Electronic Signature Agreement (Duration 8 minutes). [transcript]
Modifying Submitted Forms
- Revise a Form
- When facilities learn that incorrect information has been certified on their TRI forms, they may revise them, as demonstrated in this tutorial (Duration 7 minutes). [transcript]
- NOTE: TRI-MEweb only accepts revisions for RY 2005 and later forms.
- Withdraw a Form
- Facilities may also withdraw TRI forms submitted unnecessarily, as shown in this tutorial (Duration 11 minutes). [transcript]
- NOTE: TRI-MEweb only accepts withdrawals for RY 2005 and later forms.
- Review electronic Facility Data Profile
- Once a TRI form has been submitted and processed by EPA, a facility can view their electronic Facility Data Profile (eFDP) of the submission in TRI-MEweb (available in April 2012). The eFDP includes EPA's identification of potential errors, which may require a facility to revise their forms; this tutorial demonstrates this new feature (Duration 12 minutes). [transcript]
- NOTE: Facilities can only access their eFDPs for RY 2005 and later forms.