Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Program
Basic Data Files
Each TRI Basic Data File contains the 100 most requested data fields from the TRI Reporting Form R and Form A. The data contained in these files are presented in comma delimited .csv format and load easily into many spreadsheet and database applications. For more information about using these files, see the TRI Basic Data File Documentation (PDF) (16pp, 193K, About PDF). You may also refer to the TRI Reporting Forms and Instructions (PDF) (193pp, 3.90MB, About PDF) document for complete descriptions of the data fields. For general information about understanding and using TRI data, please see Factors to Consider (PDF) (37pp, 155MB, About PDF).
The types of data in TRI Basic Data Files include:
- Facility Name, Address, Latitude & Longitude Coordinates, and industry sector SIC or NAICS codes
- Chemical Identification and Classification Information
- On-site Release Quantities
- Publicly-Owned Treatment Works (POTW) Transfer Quantities
- Off-site Transfer Quantities for Release/Disposal and Further Waste Management
- Summary Pollution Prevention Quantities (Section 8 of the Form R)
Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams;
all other chemicals are reported in pounds.
Note: This page was published in January of 2013 and uses the TRI National Analysis dataset made public in TRI Explorer in November 2012.