Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Program
Basic Plus Data Files
The TRI Basic Plus Data Files include eight file types that collectively contain all of the data fields from the TRI Reporting Form R and Form A (except Schedule 1). Files on this page are .zip files containing data presented in TAB delimited .TXT format and load easily into many spreadsheet and database applications. For more information about using these files, see the TRI Basic Plus Data File Documentation (PDF) (239pp, 1MB, About PDF). You may also refer to the TRI Reporting Forms and Instructions (PDF) (193pp, 3.90MB, About PDF) document for complete descriptions of the data fields. For general information about understanding and using TRI data, please see Factors to Consider (PDF) (37pp, 155MB, About PDF).
The eight file types in TRI Basic Plus data files are:
- 1: Facility, Chemical, Releases and Other Waste Management Summary Information
- 2a: Detailed Source Reduction Activities and Methods
- 2b: Detailed On-Site Waste Treatment Methods and Efficiency
- 3a: Details of Transfers Off-site
- 3b: Details of Transfers to Publicly-Owned Treatment Works (POTW)
- 4: Details of Facility Information
- 5: Additional Information on Source Reduction, Recycling and Pollution Control
- 6: Additional Information on Miscellaneous and Optional
Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams;
all other chemicals are reported in pounds.
Note: This page was published in January of 2013 and uses the TRI National Analysis dataset made public in TRI Explorer in November 2012.