You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Executive orders are official documents through which the President of the United States manages the operations of the Federal Government. The Executive Orders listed below may be of interest to tribal governments. For a more in-depth listing of Executive Orders, please visit the U.S. National Archives & Records Administration (NARA) site.
Executive Order 13175 - Consultation and Coordination With Indian Tribal Governments (November 2000) (PDF) (4 pg, 144K)
The 1984 EPA Indian Policy outlines nine principles to guide the Agency in dealing with tribal governments and in responding to the problems of environmental management in Indian country in order to protect human health and the environment. Subsequently, this policy has been formally reaffirmed by each EPA Administrator.
- The 1984 EPA Indian Policy (PDF) (4 pg, 213K)
- Administrator McCarthy Reaffirmation the EPA Indian Policy January 9, 2014 (PDF) (1 pg, 197Kb)
- EPA Policy on Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribes (PDF) (10 pg, 213K)
- Administrator McCarthy Reaffirmation of the EPA Indian Policy 2014 (PDF) (1 pg, 206K)
- EPA Policy on Environmental Justice for Working with Federally Recognized Tribes and Indigenous Peoples (PDF) (11 pg, 819 K)
Here you can find the Presidential documents reaffirming the government-to-government relationship between the federal government and tribal governments.