Technology Transfer Network - Ambient Monitoring Technology Information Center
Chemical Speciation Network (CSN)
Chemical Speciation Navigation
- Chemical Speciaton Network Home
- General Information
- Field Standard Operating Procedures
- Quality Assurance
- Data Management and Reporting
- Special Studies
- Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures
- OIG Evaluation of the Speciation Program
- Semi-continuous Speciation
- URG3000N Carbon Conversion Project
- SDVAT Speciation Data Validation Tool
- Sunset OC/EC Evaluation Project
- Lab Audit Reports and Assessments
- PM10-2.5 (Coarse) Chemical Speciation Pilot
This area contains information on EPA's Chemical Speciation program.
The Speciation data is housed in the EPA Air Quality System (AQS) data base. The AQS is designed for State, Tribal, and Local agencies, EPA Regional Offices, consultants and other users of environmental data. The AQS provides information about the use of the AQS application, software downloads, file formats, background information, and events of special interest to personnel working with data for the AQS. The AQS web site also includes information about how to request AQS data.
Also see The EPA Speciate database containing organic compound and particulate matter speciation profiles for more than 300 source types. The profiles attempt to break the total volatile organic compound (VOC) or particulate matter (PM) emissions from a particlar source into the individual compounds (for VOCs) or elements (for PM).