Particulate Matter NAAQS Review - Analyses and Data Sets
The Clean Air Act requires EPA to set national air quality standards for particulate matter and five other pollutants considered harmful to public health and the environment (the other pollutants are ozone, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide and lead). The law also requires EPA to periodically review the standards to ensure that they provide adequate health and environmental protection, and to update those standards as necessary. Learn more about this process
Contact: Mark Schmidt
Analyses and Data Sets from Review Completed in 2012
- Visibility data used to evaluate the relationship between: 1) the daily daylight- hours maximum 4-hour average visibility index (and total Bext) versus 2) the same site-day visibility index (and total Bext). (XLSX, 1.3 MB) These data were used in analysis supporting findings in the following technical memo, Frank N; Schmidt M (2012). Reanalysis of the relationship between 24-hour and 4-hour visibility index levels.
- Visibility Index (VI) design value estimates (by site) and daily VI estimates with component detail (by site-day) for 2009-2011 (XLSX, 27.2 MB) and updated 2008-2010 (XLSX, 31.2 MB). These data were used in analysis supporting findings in the following technical memo, Kelly J; Schmidt M; Frank N (2012b). Updated comparison of 24-hour PM2.5 design values and visibility index design values.
- Comparison of annual mean concentrations in selected long-term exposure studies for original study time frame versus an extended study time frame. (XLSX, 665 KB) These data were used in analysis supporting findings in the following technical memo, Schmidt M (2012a). Sensitivity Analysis of Long-term Mean PM2.5 Concentrations for Selected Long-term Exposure Epidemiological Studies.
- U.S. gridded database of relative humidity (RH) inflation factors (FRHs) for use in Visibility Index (VI) design value calculations and intermediate Calculated Light Extinction computations (XLSX, 5.9 MB)
- 2008-2010 Visibility Index (VI) design value estimates (by site) and daily VI estimates with component detail (by site-day) (XLSX, 19.5 MB)
- Assessment of PM2.5 FEMs Compared to Collocated FRMs (April 7, 2011)
- Corrected Urban-Focused Visibility Assessment Data File (07/22/2010) (ZIP, 14.6 MB)
- Corrections to Relative Humidity Values Used in the Draft UFVA, Corrected Graphics, Tables, and Availability of Detailed Data File for Current Conditions, Lorang 11/10/09 memo (PDF, 681 KB)
- Urban-Focused Visibility Assessment Data File (11/4/2009) (ZIP, 10.7 MB)
- Quantitative Health Risk Assessment for Particular Matter - Air Quality Data Files (for proportional and locally-focused rollback-based analyses) (ZIP, 2.6 MB)
- Quantitative Health Risk Assessment for Particular Matter - Air Quality Data Files (for hybrid rollback-based analyses) (ZIP, 4.9 MB)
Analyses and Data Sets from Review Completed in 2006
- Draft Analyses of Particulate Matter (PM) Data for the PM NAAQS Review (1/31/2005)
- Analyses of 2000-2002 PM Data for the PM NAAQS Review
- Analyses of 1999 PM Data for the PM NAAQS Review