North American Emissions Inventories - Canada
2002 National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) Data
Environment Canada has recently released the 2002 National Pollutant Release Inventory. The NPRI is the only legislated, nation-wide, publicly-accessible inventory of its type in Canada. It is a database of information on annual releases to air, water, land and disposal or recycling from all sectors - industrial, government, commercial and others. Established in 1992 and legislated under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999), the NPRI requires companies to report information on releases and transfers of pollutants to the Government of Canada on an annual basis. Environment Canada makes the information available to Canadians in an annual public report, and maintains a detailed inventory that can be accessed and searched through an on-line database.
For more information about the NPR inventories, visit the NPRI web site.
The 2002 inventory data is available to search on-line or can be downloaded in MS Access or MS Excel formats.
2000 based inventory data in database input format
Environment Canada has made their stationary area and mobile source inventories available to EPA in Dbase IV and SMOKE IDA formats. Important information about these data is contained in the "Readme" files below.
- 2020 Canadian point-source CMAQ-ready data (13 tar files of zipped 1-day hourly I/O API files) and Readme for future year Canadian point data. - June 7, 2006.
- 2015 Canadian point-source CMAQ-ready data (13 tar files of zipped 1-day hourly I/O API files) and Readme for future year Canadian point data. - June 7, 2006.
- 2000 inventory files in Dbase IV format and SMOKE IDA format (ZIP 327K) and Readme file
- Updated January 12, 2005.
- 2010, 2015 and 2020 inventory files in Dbase IV format and SMOKE IDA format grown from 2000 data by Environment Canada (ZIP) and Readme for future inventory files - October 2005, updated January 2007.
- 2000 Candian point-source CMAQ-ready data (14 tar files of zipped 1-day hourly I/O API files), and Readme for 2000 Canadian point-source CMAQ-ready data (TXT 4K), and MS Excel Province-total emissions summaries (XLS 18K) - November 2005.