TTN/Economics & Cost Analysis Support
OAQPS Economic Analysis Resource Document
1.4 Organization of This Document
The remainder of this document is organized as follows:
- Section 2 presents background information
on the rationale and criteria for EAs stipulated in the CAA and EO
12866, as well as the rationale and criteria put forth in a variety
of statutes and EOs requiring various forms of "impact"
- Section 3 provides an overview of the regulatory
development process both at the Agency level and for OAQPS/ISEG.
- Section 4 addresses the preparation of industry
profiles, including their structure, connections between the industry
profile and economic analysis, and listing of commonly used data sources.
- Section 5 presents the analytical framework
and operational issues for estimating the social costs and direct
economic impacts of the rule in an EIA.
- Section 6 addresses methodological issues
for conducting various distributional impact analyses subject to administrative
and statutory requirements.
- Section 7 presents the analytical framework
and discussion of practical issues involved in estimating environmental
benefits of a regulation.
- Section 8 discusses several key general methodological
and policy issues, such as the establishment of a regulatory baseline,
discounting procedures, and methods for addressing uncertainty.
- Section 9 recommends ways to communicate
EA results so that they are transparent and understandable to decisionmakers.