- Name of the facility:
Wyandotte, Wayne County, Michigan, 48192
- Distance from the US/Canada border:
- Type/size of the facility:
proposed installation of a 644 MW natural gas-fired turbine electrical generating facility,
consisting of two combustion turbines, two fuel preheaters, two start-up boilers, an
emergency fire pump engine, and a cooling tower.
- Source of emissions:
the turbines, start-up boilers, preheaters, emergency fire pump engine, and the cooling tower.
- Type of fuel:
except for the emergency fire pump engine, which uses diesel fuel, all combustion equipments will use natural gas.
- Type/quantity of emissions:
|Pollutant || ||Allowable Emissions (tpy)|
|PM10 || ||149.7|
|SO2 || ||53.4|
|NO2 || ||331.8|
|CO || ||524.4|
|VOC || ||163.3|
|HCOH || ||9.9|
|NH3 || ||155.5|
- Emission control technology:
- dry low NOx burners and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) for NOx reduction,
- good combustion techniques and catalytic oxidation add-on control for reducing CO, VOCs, and toxic air contaminants,
- efficient combustion practice to control PM10,
- use of pipeline quality natural gas for PM10 and SO2 control,
- proper operational practice for SCR system to control ammonia.
- Date permit application received:
MDEQ received the permit application on January 3, 2002, and
USEPA received the draft permit on October 16, 2002.
- Stack height and diameter:
each turbine has a stack of 145 ft height and 216 in diameter
- Permit agency's contact name, address, telephone number:
Mary Ann Dolehanty
Michigan Department of Environmental Quality - Air Quality Division
PO Box 30260
Lansing MI 48909