- Name of the facility:
Auburn, Cayuga County, New York 13021
- Distance from the US/Canada border:
approximately 45-60 miles
- Type/size of the facility:
Electric arc furnace steel mill with rolling mill. Approximately 600,000 tons per year of steel scrap is recycled.
- Source of emissions:
Principal emission sources are electric arc furnace and reheat furnace. Other minor, miscellaneous sources are present.
- Type of fuel:
Electricity and natural gas are the principal fuels. Coal, coke, coke breeze and scrap tires may be used as carbon sources.
- Type/quantity of mass emission rates:
Emission increases associated with the combined modifications are 377.8 tons per year (tpy) for CO, 57.9 tpy for NOx, 41.85 tpy for SO2, 23.9 tpy for VOCs and 2.32 tpy for particulates.
- Emission control technology:
Positive pressure baghouse for the EAF and Melt Shop; ultra low-NOx burners for the new reheat furnace.
- Date permit application received:
- Stack height and diameter:
Baghouse has a ridge vent with a release height of 28.35 meters. Existing reheat furnace release height is 30.5 meters with a diameter of 1.83 meters
- Permit agency's contact name, address, telephone number:
US EPA Region 2