Links to Mercury Resources
- NRC/NAS Report; Toxicological Effects of Methylmercury (July 2000)
- Draft report, Reference Dose for Methylmercury (October 2000)
- Water Quality Criterion for the Protection of Human Health: Methylmercury (December 2000)
- Utility Air Toxics Determination: Rule (December 2000)
1997 Mercury Study Report to Congress
EPA's 1997 Report to Congress on Mercury is an eight volume document. The short overview gives a concise summary of the report. The eight volumes of the December 1997 report (EPA 452/R-97-0003) are also available for download below in Portable Document Format (PDF). The entire set (PB98-124720) can be ordered from the National Technical Information Service (NTIS) or each volume can be ordered individually from NTIS using the PB numbers noted below.
- Volume I: Executive Summary(PB98-124738)
- Volume II: An Inventory of Anthropogenic Mercury Emissions in the United States(PB98-124746)
- Volume III: Fate and Transport of Mercury in the Environment(PB98-124753)
- Volume IV: An Assessment of Exposure to Mercury in the United States(PB98-124761)
- Volume V: Health Effects of Mercury and Mercury Compounds(PB98-124779)
- Volume VI: An Ecological Assessment for Anthropogenic Mercury Emissions in the United States(PB98-124787)
- Volume VII: Characterization of Human Health and Wildlife Risks from Mercury Exposure in the United States(PB98-124795)
- Volume VIII: An Evaluation of Mercury Control Technologies and Costs(PB98-124803)
The Report provides an assessment of the magnitude of U.S. mercury emissions by source, the health and environmental implications of those emissions, and the availability and cost of control technologies. As the state-of-the-science for mercury is continuously and rapidly evolving, this Report should be viewed as a "snapshot" of the 1997understanding of mercury.