A History of Cooperation
Table of Contents
- Working Together for Cleaner Air
- Pollutants and their Effects
- The Acid Rain Challenge
- Preserving Air Quality for Today and Tomorrow
- Key Commitments of the Ozone Annex
- Progress on Ground-Level Ozone
- Other Air Quality Programs
- Cooperation on Emission Inventories, Trends, and Mapping
- Research Efforts on Effects of Air Pollution
- A History of Cooperation
- For More Information
- Memorandum of Intent Concerning Transboundary Air Pollution signed by the governments of Canada and the United States.
- Publication of report, Joint Report of the Special Envoys on Acid Rain.
- Canadian and U.S. Heads of State commit to negotiate an Air Quality Agreement.
- Canadian and U.S. Heads of State sign Air Quality Agreement in Ottawa, Canada.
- First Air Quality Agreement Progress Report.
- First Five-Year Review and Assessment of Air Quality Agreement.
- Agreement to develop Joint Plan of Action for Addressing Transboundary Air Pollution focusing on ozone and PM signed by Canada andthe United States.
- Publication of report, Ground-Level Ozone: Occurrence and Transport in Eastern North America, developed by the Air Quality Committee.
- Initiation of formal negotiations on Ozone Annex to address transboundary pollution of ground-level ozone precursors.
- Canada and the United States sign the Air Quality Agreement's Ozone Annex.
- Completion of report characterizing transboundary contributions of PM.
- Meeting of Parties to assess progress on Ozone Annex.