Support Studies and Analyses for Definition of Solid Waste 2011 Proposed Rule
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPAs PDF page to learn more.
Analyses estimating the burden of the 2011 proposed rule:
Analyses related to the 2007 Environmental Problems Study:
- 2011 Addendum: An Assessment of Environmental Problems Associated with Recycling of Hazardous Secondary Materials (PDF) (24 pp, 476K)
- Correlation of Recycling Damage Cases with Regulatory Exclusions, Exemptions, or Alternative Standards (PDF) (22 pp, 684K)
Analysis that provides details on the current reclamation occurring under the 2008 DSW final rule exclusions:
- EPAs Evaluation of Data Collected from Notifications Submitted under the 2008 DSW Exclusions (PDF) (14 pp, 549K)
Analyses that support the proposed exclusion for certain high value solvents being reclaimed:
- Benefits of the Remanufacturing Exclusion (PDF) (12 pp, 345K)
- Supporting Table for Benefits of the Remanufacturing Exclusion (Excel) (282K, Download the free Microsoft Excel Viewer.)
- Selection of Industry Sectors, Chemicals, and Functions in the Remanufacturing Exclusion (PDF) (61 pp, 3.5MB)
- Equivalent Containment Standards for the Remanufacturing Exclusion (PDF) (9 pp, 678K)
- Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention (OCSPP) Green Engineering page
- OCSPP Green Engineering Industry page
EPA will accept comment on this proposal for 60 days after publication in the Federal Register. The docket for this rulemaking is EPA-HQ-RCRA-2010-0742 and can be accessed at Regulations.gov once the proposed rule is published.