International Waste Activities
This website provides information and guidance on regulations, agreements, initiatives, and other developments in waste policy and law, both in the United States and abroad. Answers to frequently-asked questions (FAQs) on international waste topics are available through the RCRA FAQs Database. The site is broken down into the following categories of information:
- Import/Export Requirements: assists the regulated community by providing resources to ensure compliance with hazardous waste requirements related to import/export activities.
- International Waste Agreements: includes information on agreements with Canada, Mexico, and the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), and the Basel Convention.
- International Initiatives: discusses emerging EPA international waste initiatives involving the OECD, Border Plan 2012, the Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC), and US-Canada Municipal Waste Import-Export issues.
- International Resources: provides a directory of international waste web resources, information on international environmental innovations, and a calendar of important upcoming waste-related meetings and conferences of international significance.
- Proposed Hazardous Waste Exports to Non-OECD Countries: provides summary information regarding export notices submitted to EPA for waste shipments to a country outside of the OECD.