e-Permitting Existing e-Gov Solutions
RCRA Related e-Government Initiatives
The RCRA e-Government Inititiaves include:
- RCRA Related e-Government Initiatives
- RCRA Forms That Can Be Filled Out Electronically
- State e-forms
- Federal e-forms
- Online RCRA Hazardous Waste Forms/Applications
- Non-RCRA Related e-Government Initiatives
E-forms are forms that can be filed out on the computer and can be interactive.The state can set up a system to transfer the filled-in information without retyping.The most simple ones are downloadable files (like Adobe Acrobat forms or word processor forms) that have places to insert the specific information.
The more advanced forms are interactive and prompt the user with available choices, link to related state or federal regulations, have some data quality checks, and have additional tools that make the process more efficient. These forms can be created with a variety of software including web-based ones like Cold fusion for the more complex forms to Adobe Acrobat.State e-forms
- Alabama - Alabama Hazardous Waste/Used Oil Transporter Permit Application (PDF) (12 pp, 178K, About PDF)
- Florida - Hazardous Waste Facility Permit Application Instructions and Forms (PDF) (66 pp, 447K, About PDF). This is a great example of a very useful permitting form. This references other Florida forms.
- Georgia - RCRA Part A Application Form
- Kentucky - Registration of Hazardous Waste Activity - and More. This contains Microsoft Word files that have dropdown menus.
- Massachusetts - Hazardous Waste Permit Applications. Most of the forms are in Microsoft Word format which will allow you to complete and save the form using your computer and Microsoft Word software.
- Mississippi - Hazardous Waste Permit Types (PDF) (1 pg, 7K, About PDF). Navigate to the Environmental Permits Division for the forms link. Some applications and forms are grouped by permit type and are available for download in either MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, or WordPerfect format. Although, none of the direct entry files are RCRA-specific.
- New Jersey - Electronic copies of Registration, Permit, Information and Recording Forms. This allows many different options for the user. The Word documents may allow for direct entry.
- South Carolina - Hazardous Waste Permits and other forms including a reporting and transporter form
- South Dakota - Forms/Applications including a Hazardous Waste Notification form. Many other online forms are in non-RCRA topics.
- Texas - Forms - There is limited function with the hazardous waste forms, but Texas is in the process to make interactive forms.
We are examining the possibilities of e-permitting for the RCRA program. As a first step we evaluated existing state e-permitting systems to better understand system capabilities and implementation issues. We are recently developed criteria to evaluate features for workable e-permitting software.
RCRA-regulated entities will be able to request
a RCRA EPA ID number for new facilities or supply revisions to their
Notification of Regulated Waste Activity submissions - via the EPA's Central Data Exchange (CDX) web
site - through an application known as the RCRA Site Identification
You may e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with comments about the RCRA Site Identification Form.
We are also looking at using CDX to allow facilities to file their RCRA Part A permit forms. If you wish to apply for a RCRA hazardous waste permit you must submit a hard copy (PDF) (46 pp, 886K, About PDF) of the RCRA forms.
Permit Information Systems
Michigan - Environmental online services
Non-RCRA e-Permitting Systems
We are not aware of any comprehensive online RCRA hazardous waste permitting systems.
The following are state wide environmental e-permitting systems:
- Alaska Online permits for water quality
- Florida A ir Permit Registration Program, Division of Air Resource Management
- New Jersey: RADIUS Remote AIMS Data Input User System, as part of the State's Air Quality Permitting Program.
Stars2/STARShip Title V Air Pollutant Data Entry Module
- Title 5 operating air permits.
- Virginia eDEQ online application program (air, water, solid waste)
- West Virginia Electronic Discharge Monitoring Reporting (eDMR)
The following are online permitting systems for construction and other residential permits at both the city and state level:
- List of Several Oline Forms
- My Building Permit - provides an online permit application builder for 8 cities
- Charlotte County, Florida
- Miami Dade County, Florida
- Prince William County, Virginia
- St. Louis County, Missouri
- Sunnyvale, California
The following are electronic parking permit systems:Providers of e-Government Solutions
Please note that the mention of any company, product, or process on this Website does not constitute or imply endorsement by the EPA.
Accela's innovative Licensing & Case Management solution automates the processing of licenses, permits, and registrations from application through inspection, and within any investigatory or enforcement actions -- all in one integrated system.
CAVU's eLicense and LG-Enterprise products support many aspects of licensing, permitting, enforcement, revenue accounting, document management, examinations, continuing education, and administration.
Pacific GeoTech provides customized web-based e-Permitting Systems for governments dealing with the management and allocation of resource permits as well as private sector resource companies.