e-Permitting in States
- RCRA e-Permitting Activities (PDF) (1 pg, 8K, About PDF) is a table that briefly describes state RCRA e-permitting activities in terms of electronic features, online information, and next steps.
- General State e-Permitting (PDF) (4 pp, 14K, About PDF) is a table that briefly describes non-RCRA state environmental program e-permitting or reporting systems. This table includes information on environmental programs, system overview, functionality, online information, developer, and next steps.
- Overview of e-Permitting Efforts in 8 States (PDF) (66 pp, 6.0MB, About PDF) are 2002 presentations from Alabama, California, Florida, Illinois, Mississippi, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Texas. These presentations provide information on State e-permitting efforts and future directions.
More Detailed Summary of State Systems
Permitting in U.S. EPA's Delegated Programs:
A Review of an Emerging Landscape (PDF) (30 pp, 85K, About PDF)
This document discusses the feasibility of implementing an electronic permitting system that would enable a facility to apply for and receive a RCRA permit for managing hazardous waste. The document also describes a survey of existing electronic permitting systems being utilized by state agencies for either environmental media permits or non-environmental permits. It includes a discussion of evaluation criteria that can be used to compare various e-permitting systems.
e-Permitting System Capability and Implementation Issues Report (PDF) (60 pp, 215K, About PDF)
This document describes findings from a detailed analysis of e-permitting systems being used in New York, Mississippi, and Texas. Information is presented on e-permitting system architecture, capabilities, and features. In addition, barriers and implementation issues that prevent greater use of e-permitting systems are discussed.
- States that have "smart forms" that can be filled out electronically.
- States that have any RCRA permit-related forms available online.