- Check out the Secret Life of a Smart Phone infographic!
- Update V to SW-846 Test Methods (PDF)(9 pp, 295 KB)
- Sustainable Materials Management
- Management of Hazardous Waste Pharmaceuticals
Recent Regulatory Actions
- Site-Specific Treatment Variance for Hazardous Selenium-Bearing Waste Treated by U.S. Ecology Nevada in Beatty NV
- Rulemaking on the Definition of Solid Waste; Proposed Rule
- Identification of Non-Hazardous Secondary Materials That Are Solid Waste; Final Rule
- Coal Combustion Residuals - Proposed Rule
Each year, Americans generate millions of tons of waste in our homes and communities. EPA is challenging all citizens to conserve our natural resources by committing to reduce, reuse, and recycle at home, in your community, and at the office. Learn what you can do to make a difference.
Conserving resources and managing materials and waste are national priorities. Learn the fundamentals of reducing waste, reusing materials, and recycling specific wastes, and access a variety of tools to promote these practices.
Hazardous waste is defined as liquid, solid, contained gas, or sludge wastes that contain properties that are dangerous or potentially harmful to human health or the environment. Learn how to properly manage and dispose of hazardous waste.
Nearly everything we do leaves behind some kind of waste. Learn about reduction, management, and disposal of municipal solid waste and non-hazardous industrial waste.