Tips for Reducing Solid Waste
- Consider reusable products.
- Maintain and repair durable products.
- Reuse bags, containers, and other items.
- Borrow, rent, or share items used infrequently.
- Sell or donate goods instead of throwing them out.
- Choose recyclable products and containers and recycle them.
- Select products made from recycled materials.
- Compost yard trimmings and some food scraps.
- Educate others on source reduction and recycling practices.
- Be creative - Find new ways to reduce waste quantity and toxicity.