The Power of Change: Protecting the Environment for the Next Generation
The Power of Change campaign teaches older Americans what they can do to help reduce waste and protect the environment for the next generation. This free kit of resources explains how to reduce waste, conserve our natural resources, and save energy.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPAs PDF page to learn more.
The Power of Change kit includes:
- Donate or Recycle Electronics: eCycle! a brochure providing information on how to dispose of old or unwanted electronic equipment without throwing it away
- Environmental Protection Begins with You: A Guide to Environmental Community Service | PDF Version (24 pp, 517K) this booklet is the second volume containing examples of volunteer projects related to solid waste management, including recycling, reuse, compost, and household hazardous waste. Other examples are contained in Volunteer for Change: A Guide to Environmental Community Service below.
- GreenScaping: The Easy Way to a Greener, Healthier Yard (PDF) (16 pp, 2.1MB) a booklet providing a few simple waste reduction practices that can not only improve your lawn and garden, but also the environment
- The Hidden Hazards of Backyard Burning (PDF) (2 pp, 272K) a brochure informing citizens of the health hazards of burning household waste in burn barrels and open piles and providing alternatives to burning
- Moving Out, Moving In (PDF) (12 pp, 331K) a guide suggesting environmentally safe alternatives to throwing away unwanted junk and showing how to purchase new items with the environment in mind
- Protect Yourself, Protect Others: Safe Options for Home Needle Disposal (PDF) (2 pp, 257K) a flyer describing the types of disposal options for people who use syringes and other medical sharps at home
- Reducing Waste When You Travel (PDF) (4 pp, 235K) a fact sheet providing tips for reducing waste and recycling when traveling
- Setting Up a Home Office (PDF) (4 pp, 443K) a fact sheet on how to set up an environment-friendly home office
- Sure your home is clean…but is it safe for your family? | PDF Version (2 pp, 539K) a pamphlet on how to safely manage household hazardous wastes such as used oil, old paint, and pesticides
- Volunteer for Change: A Guide to Environmental Community Service (PDF) (24 pp, 581K) a booklet containing examples of volunteer projects related to solid waste management
- You Dump It, You Drink It: Recycle Used Motor Oil (PDF) (4 pp, 127K) a brochure for consumers who change their own motor oil