Each year, EPA recognizes outstanding achievements of our Partners with awards in categories including business, government, and educational sectors. To qualify, Partners must submit complete annual reporting forms that detail tonnage of waste reduced, associated cost savings, and promotion of the WasteWise program to employees, customers, and suppliers.
Below is a summary of each type of award presented.
- Hall of Fame: The Hall of Fame is the highest honor awarded to WasteWise Partners and indicates a continued commitment to progressive waste reduction activities. View the WasteWise Hall of Fame inductees
- Partners of the Year: The Partner of the Year Award recognizes overall waste reduction achievements, efforts to purchase or manufacture recycled-content products, and activities to promote WasteWise.
- Endorser of the Year: The Endorser of the Year award recognizes an organization for outstanding efforts to promote the WasteWise program.
- Gold Achievement Awards: The Gold Achievement Award recognizes Partners' achievements in focus areas such as climate change, green buildings, product stewardship, and beneficial use of secondary materials.
- Honorable Mentions: Honorable Mentions are awarded to Partners who made noteworthy accomplishments in waste prevention, recycling collection, and buying or manufacturing recycled-content products.
To learn more about the criteria for WasteWise Awards or to apply for an award, go to 2011 WasteWise Awards Instruction Application (PDF) (1 pp, 208K) and 2011 WasteWise Awards Instruction Manual (PDF) (5 pp, 230K). Additional assistance is also available by contacting the WasteWise Helpline at 800-EPA-WISE (800-372-9473) or firstname.lastname@example.org.