You can streamline the evaluation process by screening your list of potential waste reduction activities before conducting a detailed analysis of each option. Select screening criteria that match your organization's priorities. Potential screening criteria can evaluate whether the activity:
- Reduces waste volume or weight.
- Reduces waste toxicity.
- Reduces waste disposal costs.
- Reduces purchasing costs.
- Generates revenues.
- Has low startup costs.
- Improves productivity.
- Improves product or service quality.
- Is relatively easy to implement.
- Builds employee morale.
- Improves company image.
- Increases use of recycled goods.
- Is compatible with existing recycling markets.