The Quest for Less
The Quest for Less provides hands-on lessons and activities, enrichment ideas, journal writing assignments, and other educational tools related to preventing and reusing waste.
- Each chapter includes fact sheets that provide background information on topics in the chapter.
- Each activity provides the duration, materials needed, and other helpful information for teachers.
- Includes a glossary of terms and a glossary of skills
The lessons and activities:
- Encourage students to use reading, writing, and problem-solving skills.
- Help students understand how they can "make a difference" in their home, school, and community environment.
Use The Quest for Less :
- As part of your existing curriculum
- To create special units on the environment
- To commemorate Earth Day
- To make solid waste interesting, fun, and an integral part of your environment!
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
About This Resource (PDF) (4 pp, 1MB)
Special Thanks (PDF) (1 pg, 50K)