- Special Waste Home
- Cement Kiln Dust
- Crude Oil and Gas
- Fossil Fuel Combustion
- Mineral Processing
Technical Resource Document: Extraction and Beneficiation of Ores and Minerals: Gold
This report is one of a series of profiles of major mining sectors. It briefly characterizes the geology of gold ores and the economics of the industry. The document describes gold extraction and beneficiation operations with specific reference to the waste and materials associated with these operations and the potential environmental effects that may result from gold mining. It includes EPA site visit reports and concludes with a description of current regulatory programs that apply to the gold mining industry as implemented by EPA, the Federal land management agencies, and selected states.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Chapter 1: Mining Industry Profile (PDF) (111 pp, 657K)
- Chapter 2: Site Visit Report: Brewer Mine (PDF) (57 pp, 306K)
- Chapter 3: Site Visit Report: Colosseum Mine (PDF) (48 pp, 578K)
- Chapter 4, Part A: Site Visit Report: Nerco Minerals Cripple Creek (PDF) (94 pp, 1MB)
- Chapter 5, Part A: Site Visit Report: Doe Run Fletcher (PDF) (82 pp, 705K)