Take the Pledge
With independently certified WaterSense labeled products and other best management practices, you can reduce water use and operating costs at your hotel while still ensuring customer satisfaction. Taking the Challenge is easy—all you have to do is ACT (assess, change, and track):
- Assess water use and savings opportunities;
- Change products or processes to incorporate best management practices;
- Track water–saving progress and achievements using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® or another tracking tool.
The Challenge is designed for use by any individual facility with five rooms or more, but hotel chains and management groups can also sign up their individual facilities.
WaterSense H2Otel Challenge participants will benefit from:
- Free technical and outreach webinars
- Outreach materials and templates
- Water–saving resources and tips
- Case studies and lessons learned from other hotels facing the same issues.
- Take the Plunge: The WaterSense H2Otel Challenge on February 27, 2014 (rescheduled from February 13th) from 2:00 to 3:00pm Eastern: Register now.
- Take the Plunge: The WaterSense H2Otel Challenge on March 12, 2014 (repeat presentation)
from 2:00 to 3:00pm Eastern: Register now.
- Assess, Track, Realize Paybacks on March 6, 2014 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Eastern: Register now.
- Washing 101: A Plumbing and Laundry Efficiency Primer on March 27, 2014 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Eastern: Register now.
- EPA WaterSense will use the information provided in the Pledge form to send periodic emails that relate to the WaterSense H2Otel Challenge.
- The organization will not construe, claim, nor imply that its participation in the EPA WaterSense H2Otel Challenge constitutes federal government (EPA) approval, acceptance, or endorsement of anything other than the organization's commitment to the Challenge.
- No building, facility, nor structure will be WaterSense labeled as a result of this Challenge. Participants agree to utilize the WaterSense program marks and Challenge logo in accordance with the WaterSense Program Mark Guidelines and the Guidelines for Using the WaterSense H2Otel Challenge Marks.
- Participation in the WaterSense H2Otel Challenge does not constitute partnership in the WaterSense program. If additional WaterSense partner categories become available, affected organizations will be asked to apply for partnership in the new category.
- Nothing in this agreement, in and of itself, obligates the EPA to expend appropriations or to enter into any contract, assistance agreement, interagency agreement, or incur other financial obligations that would be inconsistent with Agency budget priorities. The organization agrees not to submit a claim for compensation for services rendered to EPA or any federal agency in connection with any activities it carries out in furtherance of this agreement.