Tools & Training
WaterSense offers a number of helpful tools to assist hotels in assessing, changing, and tracking their water use. After you take the H2Otel Challenge pledge, use these tools to help you get started:
- Technical and Outreach Webinars: WaterSense is hosting a series of training webinars where hotels and other stakeholders can learn more about hotel BMPs and hear from professionals how to save water in hotels. Please register for upcoming live webinars and view past recorded webinars here.
- Best Management Practices (BMPs): WaterSense at Work: A Best Management Practices Guide for Commercial and Institutional Facilities (308 pg, 5.38MB, About PDF) can help hotel operators and facility managers understand, manage, and reduce water use.
- Water Use and Savings Evaluation Tool (WaterUSE Tool): Anticipated this spring, WaterSense’s Water Use and Savings Evaluation Tool (WaterUSE Tool) and associated water assessment worksheets can help hotel operators and facility managers assess a hotel’s water use and learn about potential wate–savings projects and BMPs. Take the H2Otel Challenge pledge to ensure you are notified when the tool is released.
- Case Studies: WaterSense is documenting case studies to highlight water, energy, and cost savings successes demonstrated by hotels that have implemented BMPs across a variety of hotel end uses. These case studies will be posted soon.
- Saving Water in Hotels Fact Sheet: This fact sheet (2 pg, 3MB, About PDF) provides some quick tips for saving water in lodging facilities.
- Participant Recognition Tools: Hotels who have taken the pledge will receive a participant logo, a signed certificate of participation, monthly emails with water-savings tips, and other outreach and recognition tools to promote its participation. These tools will be distributed to hotels taking the pledge by email.