Steven L. Klein
Ecological Effects Branch
Allegany Community College; Cumberland, MD; Forestry, 1974
B.A., Mississippi State University; Starkville, MS; Forest Management, 1978
Post-graduate studies; Silvicultural Institute; Oregon State University; Corvallis, OR, University Of Washington; Seattle, WA 1984
Post-graduate studies; Certificate – Strategic Planning; American Management Association, Washington D.C. 1990
- 1991-2000, Director of Operations, U.S. EPA, ORD/NHEERL/WED Newport, OR
- 1988-1991, Management Analyst, U.S. EPA, ORD/ORPM/ERS Washington D.C.
- 1986-1988, Superfund Interagency Coordinator, U.S. EPA, OSWER Washington D.C.
- 1984-1986, Timber Sale Officer, U.S. Forest Service – Winema N.F. Chiloquin, OR
- 1981-1984, Timber Planner, U.S. Forest Service – Winema N.F. Chiloquin, OR
- 1979-1981, Silviculture Forester, U.S. Forest Service – Umpqua N.F. Diamond Lake, OR
- 1975-1979, Inventory Forester, U.S. Forest Service – Southern Forest Experiment Station New Orleans, LA
Research Interests and Skills:
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Natural Resource Planning & Management
- Landscape Ecology
- Information Technology and Decision Support Systems
Appointments and Honors:
- EPA; Bronze Metal; Environmental Management Systems, 2005
- U.S. EPA; Bronze Metal; Human Resource Management Systems, 1990
- U.S. Forest Service – Winema N.F., Letter of Appreciation – Managed Yield Tables for Land Management Planning, Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), 1985
- U.S. Forest Service – Umpqua N.F., Letter of Appreciation –Vegetation Management for Environmental Assessment (EA), 1981
- Society Of American Foresters (SAF)
- American Society of Adaptation Professionals (ASAP)
Peterson D.L., J.M. Vose and T. Patel-Weynand, eds. 2014. Climate Change and United States Forests. Advances in Global Change Research 57, Springer.
USEPA (Environmental Protection Agency), Office of Research and Development. 2013. EPA Region 10 Climate Change and TMDL Pilot – Project Research Plan; February 12, 2013, EPA Publication EPA/600/R/13/028, Washington, D.C.
- USDA Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 2012. Effects of Climate Variability and Change on Forest Ecosystems: A Comprehensive Science Synthesis for the U.S. Forest Sector; December 2012, General Technical Report PNW-GTR-870, Washington D.C.