Steven L. Klein
Ecological Effects Branch
Allegany Community College; Cumberland, MD; Forestry, 1974
B.A., Mississippi State University; Starkville, MS; Forest Management, 1978
Post-graduate studies; Silvicultural Institute; Oregon State University; Corvallis, OR, University Of Washington; Seattle, WA 1984
Post-graduate studies; Certificate – Strategic Planning; American Management Association, Washington D.C. 1990
- 1991-2000, Director of Operations, U.S. EPA, ORD/NHEERL/WED Newport, OR
- 1988-1991, Management Analyst, U.S. EPA, ORD/ORPM/ERS Washington D.C.
- 1986-1988, Superfund Interagency Coordinator, U.S. EPA, OSWER Washington D.C.
- 1984-1986, Timber Sale Officer, U.S. Forest Service – Winema N.F. Chiloquin, OR
- 1981-1984, Timber Planner, U.S. Forest Service – Winema N.F. Chiloquin, OR
- 1979-1981, Silviculture Forester, U.S. Forest Service – Umpqua N.F. Diamond Lake, OR
- 1975-1979, Inventory Forester, U.S. Forest Service – Southern Forest Experiment Station New Orleans, LA
Research Interests and Skills:
- Natural Resource Planning & Management
- Landscape Ecology
- Information Technology and Decision Support Systems
Appointments and Honors:
- EPA; Bronze Metal; Environmental Management Systems, 2005
- U.S. EPA; Bronze Metal; Human Resource Management Systems, 1990
- U.S. Forest Service – Winema N.F., Letter of Appreciation – Managed Yield Tables for Land Management Planning, Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), 1985
- U.S. Forest Service – Umpqua N.F., Letter of Appreciation –Vegetation Management for Environmental Assessment (EA), 1981
- Society Of American Foresters (SAF)
- Klein, S.L., Price, F.N., Olmstead, P., Jett, S.M., Haggerty, P., 2007, West Fork Smith River – Douglas County, Oregon, A Historical Reconstruction of Euro-American Settlement and Land Use – In review.