T Chris Mochon Collura
Physical Scientist/Instrument Technician
Voice: (541) 867-5036
- B.S. Long Island Univ., Southampton Campus, Southampton, NY, Marine Science Biology, 1991
- M.S. Univ. of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC, Marine Biology, 1999
- 2003-2005 Marine Scientist II/Assistant Section Manager, Dynamac Corporation, Newport, OR
- 2000-2001 Natural Resource Biologist, Maryland Dept. of Natural Resources, Annapolis, MD
- 1998-2000 Field Supervisor/Research Assistant, Univ. of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC
- 1996-1998 Research Assistant, Univ. of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC
- Sigma Xi
- Estuarine water quality involving project design, sample collection, processing, and analysis and data management.
Major research areas:
- Estuarine water, sediment, faunal and floral studies of multiple systems along Oregon and Washington coasts
- Design and implementation of water sample collection and processing in marine dominated systems (Maryland)
- Intertidal sediment characteristics of anthropogenically-affected tidal creeks (North Carolina).
Areas of expertise:
- Coordination and implementation of water quality surveys in a variety of aquatic habitats
- Maintenance and deployment of multi-parameter water quality instruments
- Operation of laboratory analytical equipment including fluorometers and spectrophotometers for the determination of water column and sediment microalgal biomass
- Mochon Collura, T. Chris, Master’s thesis, 1999. A Comparative Study of Two Micro-Tidal Creeks in New Hanover County NC: Potential for Silicate Limitation. University of North Carolina at Wilmington Campus Library.