Freshwater Ecology Branch
Voice: 541- 4469
- M.S., Portland State University, Geography, 2001
- B.A., University of Oregon, English/Environmental Studies, 1992
- 2005 - 2008: GIS Specialist, USFS Rocky Mountain Research Station, Fire Sciences Lab (LANDFIRE program), Missoula, MT
- 2003 - 2005: Biologist, USFS Rocky Mountain Research Station, Fire Sciences Lab (Utah Fire History project), Missoula, MT
- 2001 - 2003: Ecologist, USFS Pacific Northwest Research Station, Forestry Sciences Lab (Forest Inventory and Analysis program), Portland, OR
- 2001 - 2003: Instructor, Portland Community College, Portland, OR
Research Interests and Skills:
- Spatial Analysis
- Watershed and Hydrologic modeling and analysis
- GIS science
- Biogeography / Landscape Ecology
- Fire Ecology
- Society for Conservation GIS
- International Association for Landscape Ecology
- Heyerdahl, Emily K., Brown, Peter M., Kitchen, Stanley G., Weber, Marc H. 2011. Multicentury fire and forest histories at 19 sites in Utah and eastern Nevada. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-261WWW. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 192 p.
- Hughes, R.M., Kaufmann,P.R., and Weber, M.H. 2011. National and Regional Comparisons between Strahler Order and Stream Size. Journal of the North American Benthological Society.
- Brown, P.B., Heyerdahl, E.H., Kitchen, S.G., and Weber, M.H. 2008. Climate Effects on Historical Fires (1630-1900) in Utah. International Journal of Wildland Fire 17(1):28-39.
- Weber, M., Hadley, K., Frenzen, P, and Franklin, J. 2006. Forest Succession Following Burial by Mudflows, Mount St. Helens, Washington. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 36(2):437-439.
- Frenzen, P., Hadley, K., Major, J., Weber, M., Franklin, J., Hardison, J. and Stanton, S. 2005. Geormorphic Change and Vegetation Development on the Muddy River Mudflow. In Ecological Responses to the 1980 Eruption of Mount St. Helens. Edited by: Dale, V.H., Swanson, F.J., and Crisafulli, C.M. Springer-Verlag, New York.