Tinka Hyde, Director of the Great Lakes National Program Office
Before coming to GLNPO, Hyde was director of the U.S. EPA Region 5 Water Division. She also served as Director of the Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, and was a manager in the Superfund Division in Region 5.
Hyde earned a bachelor's degree in geology from Lake Superior State College, and a master's degree in geology from the New Mexico State University.
- Monitors lake ecosystem indicators.
- Manages and provides public access to Great Lakes data.
- Helps communities address contaminated sediment in their harbors.
- Supports local protection and restoration of important habitats.
- Promotes pollution prevention through activities and projects such as the Canada-U.S. Binational Toxics Strategy.