Press Releases, Federal Register Notices and Recent Announcements for EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality
- June 21, 2017: U.S. EPA Awards More than $320,000 to California, Arizona Tribes to Reduce Diesel Emissions
- May 23, 2017: United States Files Complaint Against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for Alleged Clean Air Act Violation
- April 19, 2017: EPA Announces Grants to Reduce Emissions from Diesel Engines
- April 19, 2017: EPA Grants Available to Reduce Emissions from Diesel Engines
- March 15, 2017: EPA to Reexamine Emission Standards for Cars and Light Duty Trucks -- Model Years 2022-2025
- January 18, 2017: Two Maine School Bus Fleets Get Funds for New Buses
- January 18, 2017: Ashford Conn. Gets Funds for New Cleaner School Bus
- January 13, 2017: Carbon Pollution Standards for Cars and Light Trucks to Remain Unchanged Through 2025
- Jaunary 12, 2017: EPA Notifies Fiat Chrysler of Clean Air Act Violations
- January 11, 2017: U.S. EPA awards Sundale Union Elementary School $20,000 for cleaner school bus
- January 11, 2017: EPA Awards Nearly $4 Million to Reduce Diesel Emissions in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska
- January 11, 2017: U.S. EPA awards Marana Unified School District $465,000 for cleaner school buses
- January 11, 2017: U.S. EPA awards Santa Cruz City Schools $155,000 for cleaner school buses
- January 11, 2017: EPA awards Moorpark Unified School District $25,000 for cleaner school bus
- January 11, 2017: Volkswagen Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $4.3 Billion in Criminal and Civil Penalties
- January 11, 2017: TODAY: EPA Admin. Gina McCarthy, Atty. Gen. Loretta Lynch, Other Federal Officials Announce Major Development in Volkswagen Investigation
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- August 17, 2017: Relaxation of the Federal Reid Vapor Pressure (RVP) Gasoline Volatility Standard for Shelby County (Memphis), Tennessee (PDF) (4 pp, 236 K)
- August 9, 2017: Relaxation of the Federal Reid Vapor Pressure (RVP) Gasoline Volatility Standard for Several Parishes in Louisiana (PDF) (5 pp, 236 K)
- July 26, 2017: Notice of Opportunity To Comment on an Analysis of the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Attributable to Production and Transport of Beta vulgaris ssp. vulgaris (Sugar Beets) for Use in Biofuel Production (PDF) (8 pp, 310 K)
- July 21, 2017: EPA's Intent To Disclose Confidential Business Information (CBI) Contained in Vehicle Sales Data for Model Years 2015 to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) for Use in Modeling and Projecting Energy Demand in the Light-Duty Vehicle Sector (PDF) (2 pp, 190 K)
- July 21, 2017: Renewable Fuel Standard Program: Standards for 2018 and Biomass-Based Diesel Volume for 2019; Proposed Rule (PDF) (40 pp, 598 K)
- July 18, 2017: Public Hearing for Standards for 2018 and Biomass-Based Diesel Volume for 2019 Under the Renewable Fuel Standard Program (PDF) (2 pp, 212 K)
- July 3, 2017: EPA Information Collection Request Number 2265.03; Proposed Information Collection Request; Comment Request; Information Collection Activities Associated With the SmartWay Transport Partnership (PDF) (3 pp, 218K)
- June 30, 2017: Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles—Phase 2 (PDF) (2pp, 267K)
- June 29, 2017: Proposed Information Collection Request; Comment Request; Engine Emission Defect Information Reports and Voluntary Emission Recall Reports (PDF) (2pp, 197 K)
- June 29, 2017: Proposed Information Collection Request; Comment Request; Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline Volatility (PDF) (2pp, 214K)
- June 29, 2017: Proposed Information Collection Request; Comment Request; Alternative Affirmative Defense Requirements for Ultra-low Sulfur Diesel (PDF) (2pp, 227K)
- June 19, 2017: Alternative Method for Calculating OffCycle Credits Under the Light-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Emissions Program: Applications From BMW Group, Ford Motor Company, and Hyundai Motor Group (PDF) (4 pp, 240 K)
- June 7, 2017: Approval of Tennessee’s Request To Relax the Federal Reid Vapor Pressure Gasoline Volatility Standard for Davidson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, and Wilson Counties; and Minor Technical Corrections for Federal Reid Vapor Pressure Gasoline Volatility Standards in Other Areas (PDF) (6pp, 234 K )
- April 25, 2017: Meeting of the Mobile Sources Technical Review Subcommittee (PDF) ((1 pp, 171K)
- April 12, 2017: Relaxation of the Federal Reid Vapor Pressure Gasoline Volatility Standard for Davidson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, and Wilson Counties, Tennessee (PDF) (5 pp, 214 K)
- March 22, 2017: Notice of Intention To Reconsider the Final Determination of the Mid-Term Evaluation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards for Model Year 2022-2025 Light Duty Vehicles (PDF) (2 pp, 185 K)
- January 19, 2017: California State Nonroad Engine Pollution Control Standards; Evaporative Emission Standards and Test Procedures for Off-Highway Recreational Vehicles (OHRVs); Notice of Decision (PDF) (8 pp, 223 K)
- January 19, 2017: California State Nonroad Engine Pollution Control Standards; Commercial Harbor Craft Regulations; Notice of Decision (PDF) (7 pp, 215 K)
- January 19, 2017: California State Nonroad Engine Pollution Control Standards; In- Use Diesel-Fueled Transport Refrigeration Units (TRUs) and TRU Generator Sets and Facilities Where TRUs Operate; Notice of Decision (PDF) (8 pp, 223 K)
- January 17, 2017: California State Motor Vehicle Pollution Control Standards; Amendments to On-Highway Heavy-Duty Vehicle In-Use Compliance Program, Amendments to 2007 and Subsequent Model Year On-Highway Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles, and Amendments to Truck Requirements; Notice of Decision (PDF) (7 pp, 217 K)
- January 13, 2017: Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Information Collection for Importation of On-Highway Vehicles and Motorcycles and Nonroad Engines, Vehicles, and Equipment (PDF) (2 pp, 195 K)
Added August 2017
- August 11, 2017: Proposed relaxation of the federal volatility (RVP) standard applicable to gasoline supplied to Shelby County (Memphis) Tennessee.
- August 10, 2017: Reconsideration of the Midterm Evaluation final determination.
Added July 2017
- July 27, 2017: EPA and California Air Resources Board approve remedy to reduce excess NOx emissions from generation 1 2.0-liter diesel vehicles.
- July 5, 2017: EPA issued proposed volume requirements under RFS for cellulosic biofuel, advanced biofuel, and total renewable fuel for 2018.
Added June 2017
- June 12, 2017: OTAQ “Contacts by Topic” list updated.
Added May 2017
- May 23, 2017: The U.S. Department of Justice filed a complaint against FCA for alleged violations of the Clean Air Act including installing defeat devises in diesel Ram 1500s and Jeep Grand Cherokees sold in the United States.
Added April 2017
- EPA announces $11 million in competitive grant funding for the Diesel Emissions Reductions Act (DERA) Clean Diesel Funding Assistance Program.
Added March 2017
- March 15, 2017: Midterm Evaluation of Light-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for Model Years 2022-2025: Proposed determination is being reevaluated under the direction of EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt.