Press Releases, Federal Register Notices and Recent Announcements for EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality
- June 21, 2017: U.S. EPA Awards More than $320,000 to California, Arizona Tribes to Reduce Diesel Emissions
- May 23, 2017: United States Files Complaint Against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for Alleged Clean Air Act Violation
- April 19, 2017: EPA Announces Grants to Reduce Emissions from Diesel Engines
- April 19, 2017: EPA Grants Available to Reduce Emissions from Diesel Engines
- March 15, 2017: EPA to Reexamine Emission Standards for Cars and Light Duty Trucks -- Model Years 2022-2025
- January 18, 2017: Two Maine School Bus Fleets Get Funds for New Buses
- January 18, 2017: Ashford Conn. Gets Funds for New Cleaner School Bus
- January 13, 2017: Carbon Pollution Standards for Cars and Light Trucks to Remain Unchanged Through 2025
- Jaunary 12, 2017: EPA Notifies Fiat Chrysler of Clean Air Act Violations
- January 11, 2017: U.S. EPA awards Sundale Union Elementary School $20,000 for cleaner school bus
- January 11, 2017: EPA Awards Nearly $4 Million to Reduce Diesel Emissions in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska
- January 11, 2017: U.S. EPA awards Marana Unified School District $465,000 for cleaner school buses
- January 11, 2017: U.S. EPA awards Santa Cruz City Schools $155,000 for cleaner school buses
- January 11, 2017: EPA awards Moorpark Unified School District $25,000 for cleaner school bus
- January 11, 2017: Volkswagen Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $4.3 Billion in Criminal and Civil Penalties
- January 11, 2017: TODAY: EPA Admin. Gina McCarthy, Atty. Gen. Loretta Lynch, Other Federal Officials Announce Major Development in Volkswagen Investigation
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- July 21, 2017: EPA's Intent To Disclose Confidential Business Information (CBI) Contained in Vehicle Sales Data for Model Years 2015 to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) for Use in Modeling and Projecting Energy Demand in the Light-Duty Vehicle Sector (PDF) (2 pp, 190 K)
- July 21, 2017: Renewable Fuel Standard Program: Standards for 2018 and Biomass-Based Diesel Volume for 2019; Proposed Rule (PDF) (40 pp, 598 K)
- July 18, 2017: Public Hearing for Standards for 2018 and Biomass-Based Diesel Volume for 2019 Under the Renewable Fuel Standard Program (PDF) (2 pp, 212 K)
- July 3, 2017: EPA Information Collection Request Number 2265.03; Proposed Information Collection Request; Comment Request; Information Collection Activities Associated With the SmartWay Transport Partnership (PDF) (3 pp, 218K)
- June 30, 2017: Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles—Phase 2 (PDF) (2pp, 267K)
- June 29, 2017: Proposed Information Collection Request; Comment Request; Engine Emission Defect Information Reports and Voluntary Emission Recall Reports (PDF) (2pp, 197 K)
- June 29, 2017: Proposed Information Collection Request; Comment Request; Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline Volatility (PDF) (2pp, 214K)
- June 29, 2017: Proposed Information Collection Request; Comment Request; Alternative Affirmative Defense Requirements for Ultra-low Sulfur Diesel (PDF) (2pp, 227K)
- June 19, 2017: Alternative Method for Calculating OffCycle Credits Under the Light-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Emissions Program: Applications From BMW Group, Ford Motor Company, and Hyundai Motor Group (PDF) (4 pp, 240 K)
- June 7, 2017: Approval of Tennessee’s Request To Relax the Federal Reid Vapor Pressure Gasoline Volatility Standard for Davidson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, and Wilson Counties; and Minor Technical Corrections for Federal Reid Vapor Pressure Gasoline Volatility Standards in Other Areas (PDF) (6pp, 234 K )
- April 25, 2017: Meeting of the Mobile Sources Technical Review Subcommittee (PDF) ((1 pp, 171K)
- April 12, 2017: Relaxation of the Federal Reid Vapor Pressure Gasoline Volatility Standard for Davidson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, and Wilson Counties, Tennessee (PDF) (5 pp, 214 K)
- March 22, 2017: Notice of Intention To Reconsider the Final Determination of the Mid-Term Evaluation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards for Model Year 2022-2025 Light Duty Vehicles (PDF) (2 pp, 185 K)
- January 19, 2017: California State Nonroad Engine Pollution Control Standards; Evaporative Emission Standards and Test Procedures for Off-Highway Recreational Vehicles (OHRVs); Notice of Decision (PDF) (8 pp, 223 K)
- January 19, 2017: California State Nonroad Engine Pollution Control Standards; Commercial Harbor Craft Regulations; Notice of Decision (PDF) (7 pp, 215 K)
- January 19, 2017: California State Nonroad Engine Pollution Control Standards; In- Use Diesel-Fueled Transport Refrigeration Units (TRUs) and TRU Generator Sets and Facilities Where TRUs Operate; Notice of Decision (PDF) (8 pp, 223 K)
- January 17, 2017: California State Motor Vehicle Pollution Control Standards; Amendments to On-Highway Heavy-Duty Vehicle In-Use Compliance Program, Amendments to 2007 and Subsequent Model Year On-Highway Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles, and Amendments to Truck Requirements; Notice of Decision (PDF) (7 pp, 217 K)
- January 13, 2017: Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Information Collection for Importation of On-Highway Vehicles and Motorcycles and Nonroad Engines, Vehicles, and Equipment (PDF) (2 pp, 195 K)
Added June 2017
- June 12, 2017: OTAQ “Contacts by Topic” list updated.
Added May 2017
- May 23, 2017: The U.S. Department of Justice filed a complaint against FCA for alleged violations of the Clean Air Act including installing defeat devises in diesel Ram 1500s and Jeep Grand Cherokees sold in the United States.
Added April 2017
- EPA announces $11 million in competitive grant funding for the Diesel Emissions Reductions Act (DERA) Clean Diesel Funding Assistance Program.
Added March 2017
- March 15, 2017: Midterm Evaluation of Light-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for Model Years 2022-2025: Proposed determination is being reevaluated under the direction of EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt.
Added January 2017
- January 18, 2017: OTAQ “Contacts by Topic” list updated.
- January 13, 2017: The 2017 SmartWay Truck Carrier Tool is now available, with supporting documents. This assessment tool uses a truck carrier’s 2016 operational data to yield data that allows it to benchmark and track its environmental performance.
- January 12, 2017: EPA Administrator signed determination to maintain the current GHG emissions standards for model year (MY) 2022-2025 vehicles.
- January 12, 2017: EPA Notifies Fiat Chrysler of Clean Air Act Violations.
Added December 2016
- December 22, 2016: EPA signed the California State Motor Vehicle Pollution Control Standards; Greenhouse Gas Emissions from 2014 and Subsequent Model Year Medium- and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles; Notice of Decision.
- December 22, 2016: Midterm Evaluation of Light-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards: Denial of Requests for Extension of Comment Period.
- December 22, 2016: EPA Responds to Petition to Reconsider Finding that Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Certain Classes of Aircraft Endanger Public Health and Welfare.
- December 20, 2016: Extension of Comment Periods for: the Renewables Enhancement and Growth Support (REGS) Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, and the Proposed Denial to Change the Point of Obligation.
- December 20, 2016: Heavy Duty NOx petition response: EPA responded to petitions submitted by 20 state and local government agencies from across the country and other organizations.
Added November 2016
- November 30, 2016: the Administrator proposed to determine that the MY 2022-2025 standards remain appropriate and that a rulemaking to change them is not warranted. See Midterm Evaluation of Light-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas (GHG).
- November 2, 2016: Automakers outperform greenhouse gas emissions standards for 4th consecutive year and average fuel economy reaches record 24.8 miles per gallon in this year’s Trends and GHG Performance reports: 2016 Fuel Economy Trends Report and GHG Manufacturer Performance Report for 2015 Model Year
Added October 2016
- October 31, 2016: Assessment and Standards Division and the Compliance Division conference and webinar: Heavy-duty Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Trailer Implementation Workshop will take place on Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET).
Added September 2016
- September 22, 2016: SmartWay webinar: 2016 Shipper Tool Demonstration Exit will take place on Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (ET).
- September 22, 2016: SmartWay webinar: Showcasing Your Pollution Reductions Using the Shipper Tool’s "Shipper Strategies” Tab Exitwill take place on Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (ET).