Part 75 Emissions Monitoring Technical Frequent Questions About
The Part 75 Emissions Monitoring Technical Q&A (formerly referred to as the Policy Manual) is a series of technical questions and answers (Q&As). These Q&As are intended to answer frequently asked questions and ensure that the monitoring requirements of 40 CFR part 75 (Part 75) are applied consistently. EPA will issue new or revised Q&As as they arise. If, after reviewing the regulations and these Q&As, you have additional questions, you should contact your Emission Monitoring Contact at EPA headquarters.
New and Revised Q&As
- Question 6.6 - CO2 Mass Calculated According to Appendix G Equation G-4 (New)
- Question 7.14 - Testing requirements for like-kind analyzers used more than 720 hours
- Question 8.15 - RATA load requirements for common stacks
- Question 13.18 - Minimum data acquisition and handling system requirements for units reporting using the low-mass emitter (LME) methodology
- Question 23.21 - Establishment of the fuel flow-to-load ratio test baseline
- Question 23.22 - Fuel flowmeter minimum data capture requirements
- Question 23.23 - Multi-hole orifice plates
- Question 27.22 - Startups, shutdowns, and partially controlled hours in the low-mass emitter (LME) methodology
Please note that the information in these Q&As provides clarification only; it cannot create any rights enforceable by any party in litigation with the United States. EPA may decide to follow the clarification provided in this document, or to act at variance with this clarification, based on its analysis of the specific facts presented.