ANNOUNCING New Request for Proposals - FY 2018 Brownfields Assessment, Revolving Loan Fund, and Cleanup Grant Guidelines
These brownfields grants may be used to address sites contaminated by petroleum and hazardous substances, pollutants, or contaminants (including hazardous substances co-mingled with petroleum). The proposal submission deadline is November 16, 2017.
Assessment Grants (funded over three years)
Community-wide or Site-Specific Applicants: Applicants may apply for up to $200,000 in hazardous substances funding or up to $200,000 in petroleum funding.
Community-wide Applicants: Applicants applying for both hazardous substances funding and petroleum funding may request a combined total up to $300,000; however the request for hazardous substances funding or petroleum funding cannot exceed $200,000 for any one individual type of grant funding. For example, an applicant may apply for $200,000 in hazardous substances funding and $100,000 in petroleum funding.
Assessment Coalition Applicants: Applicants may apply for up to $600,000 in hazardous substances funding and/or petroleum funding.
Revolving Loan Fund Grants (funded over five years)
Applicants, including RLF Coalitions, may apply for up to $1,000,000 in hazardous substances funding and/or petroleum funding.
Cleanup Grants (funded over three years)
- Applicants may request funding to address either a single brownfield site, or multiple brownfield sites, within each proposal.
- An applicant may request up to $200,000 in each proposal.
- An applicant can submit up to three cleanup proposals.
Guidelines and Resources:
- FY2018 Brownfields Assessment Grant Guidelines
- FY2018 Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund Grant Guidelines
- FY2018 Brownfields Cleanup Grant Guidelines
- FY2018 Summary of Brownfields Assessment, RLF, and Cleanup Guideline Changes
- FY2018 Assessment Guideline Checklist
- FY2018 Cleanup Guideline Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Grants.gov Tip Sheet for Applicants
Webinars to Assist in Preparing Assessment, RLF, and Cleanup Proposals
To assist applicants with their proposals, EPA held the EPA National Assessment, RLF and Cleanup Guideline Outreach Webinar on Thursday, October 5, 2017. The webinar recording, presentation and materials are available at http://epawebconferencing.acms.com/p6mk9ckyll8/.