The Brownfields Broadcast
The 2018 BUILD Act Comment Solicitation
Friday, June 8, 2018
The Brownfields Utilization, Investment and Local Development (BUILD) Act was enacted on March 23, 2018 as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018. The BUILD Act reauthorized EPA’s Brownfields Program, and made amendments to the 2002 Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act. Authorized changes affect brownfields grants, ownership and liability provisions, and state and tribal response programs. EPA is developing policy guidance to implement the BUILD Act.
As part of this process, the EPA is soliciting comment on three provisions in the BUILD Act:
- The authority to increase the per-site cleanup grant amounts to $500,000;
- The new multi-purpose grant authority; and
- The new small community assistance grant authority.
Please see the attached Federal Register Notice (pre-publication version) below for more information about these provisions, and instructions on how to provide feedback to the EPA.
- 2018 BUILD Act Comment Solicitation (PDF)(6 pp, 1 MB)
- Federal Register Notice: BUILD Act 2018 Pre-publication Copy Notice (PDF)(1 pg, 10 K)
View the webinar "2018 BUILD Act & the EPA Brownfields Program" (delivered June 6, 2018).